Supported Browsers and Apps
Blackboard supports four primary browsers for Learn releases. Links to the vendor sites for the browsers are included in this topic.
The browser versions listed are those that were available when Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 13 was released in June 2013. These are not the only browsers supported on this release.
The Blackboard Mobile App can be purchased for $1.99 at the Google Play or Apple Apps store. The purchase is for life. Click here.
For us to assist you further, please provide the following to help us Troubleshoot your issue:
Location: (off campus or on campus)
Operating System: (e.g. Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 14.04)
Browser: (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)
Browser version: (e.g. Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 31, Chrome 36)
Java version: (e.g. 1.5.6)
Toolbars: (e.g. Yahoo, Google, etc)
Extensions: (e.g. Adblock Plus)
Wireless or Connected to wall:
Steps taken to receive error:
Full course title or CRN: (201230_1234)
Getting Started with Blackboard
Welcome to our Blackboard support site!
Our goal is to assist in improving your overall knowledge on how to manage courses in Blackboard.
Youtube Videos and Blackboard
These documents will walk you through the process of creating a Youtube account, uploading videos to your account, and linking these videos to your Blackboard course. This will allow your students to view those videos without us uploading videos to the Blackboard environment.
- Videos Everywhere: Create videos in Blackboard
- YouTube: Privacy settings - Limit who sees your videos!
Announcement: Spell Check
Blackboard now offers spell check on all text fields!
Videos on How to Hide/Show Courses
Video Tips for your Course Environment
Guide to set up Navigate Attendance
We are replacing the "old" blackboard attendance with a streamlined tool provided by HBU Navigate.
2 minute Attendance set up video!
If students drop your class the data to show the last date in attendance will be available.
Course Import and Export Options
Course Reporting Options
Adaptive Release Rules
Teaching and Learning
- Audio and Video Standards for Online Learning
- Balancing Asynchronous and Synchronous Learning in a Blackboard System
- Best Practices with using Videos within Blackboard
- Delivering Documents to Your Students
- Getting Started with Creating Accessible Content
- Getting Started with Interactive Tools
- Getting Started with Journal Prompts to Improve Student Writing
- Make Courses Available to Students
- Manage Courses in your Course List
- Uploading a Syllabus to Your Course
- Using Blackboard for Problem-based Learning