Welcome to the Student Support Libguide to assist you in navigating and using Blackboard.
Blackboard has provided short videos to provide you with quick instructions on how to do certain tasks within Blackboard.
HBU has also provided students with the option to self-enroll into certain courses, such as the Academic Integrity course which awards you 1 CLW point upon completion. The other class that is available for self-enrollment is the Orientation to Blackboard course.
If you have suggestions for improvements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional information. Please check back for further updates.
Students are added to blackboard via imports from the Banner system the HBU student registration system.
When a student is officially dropped from a course, the student may or may not be removed from the course roster inside of Blackboard. If a student has officially dropped a course through the registration system add/drop process, for whatever reason, the student is no longer a member of the class even if the student has not yet been removed from the Blackboard portion of the course. After an official drop has been processed, the ability to access Blackboard does not constitute enrollment in a course.
Orientation to Blackboard Learn 9
In order to learn how to navigate Blackboard Learn 9, enroll in the Orientation to Blackboard Learn 9 course by completing the following steps:
- Log in to Blackboard
- Click on the "My Blackboard Learn 9 Courses" tab in the upper-right corner
- In the search bar under "Course Search," enter "orientation to blackboard" and then hit Go
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the Course ID and click "Enroll"
- Click "Submit" on the confirmation page to complete self-enrollment.
Uploading and Viewing Turnitin Assignments in Blackboard
In order to submit a Turnitin assignment via Blackboard:
- Log in to Blackboard and click on the relevant course.
- Check the content areas, such as Assignments and Course Documents, to locate the assigment. These areas can be entered through the menu buttons on the left side of the course homepage.
- Once the assignment has been located, click on the "View/Complete" link.
- Click on the "Submit" button, then upload and submit your document.
In order to view and print a graded assignment, refer to the document below: