Please email email@example.com to request additional information.
Supported Browsers and Apps
Blackboard supports four primary browsers for Learn releases. Links to the vendor sites for the browsers are included in this topic.
The browser versions listed are those that were available when Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 13 was released in June 2013. These are not the only browsers supported on this release.
Traditionally Released Browsers
The dates listed are the original release dates for general availability.
Automatically Updated Channel-based Browsers
The dates listed are the latest numbered patch release dates.
Don't See Your Browser or Version Listed?
Both newer and older browsers from these vendors may be supported.
The Blackboard Mobile App can be purchased for $1.99 at the Google Play or Apple Apps store. The purchase is for life. Click here.
For us to assist you further, please provide the following to help us Troubleshoot your issue:
Location: off campus or on campus
Operating System (e.g. Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 14.04)
Browser: (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)
Browser version: (e.g. Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 31, Chrome 36)
Java version (e.g. 1.5.6)
Toolbars: (e.g. Yahoo, Google, etc)
Extensions: (e.g. Adblock Plus)
Wireless or Connected to wall:
Steps taken to receive error Full course title or CRN (201230_1234)
Note: Log into ServiceNow using your HBU email address and password.
Orientation to Blackboard
Welcome to HBU!
Students are added to Blackboard via imports from the HBU student registration system in Banner. The system is updated every 6 hours each day.
In order to learn how to navigate Blackboard, self enroll in the Orientation to Blackboard course by completing the following steps:
- Log in to Blackboard
- Click on the My Courses tab in the upper-right corner
- Type "Orientation to Blackboard" into Course Search.
- Click on the drop down arrow next to the Course ID and click Enroll
- Click Submit on the confirmation page to complete self-enrollment.
Self-enrollment Video Instructions
Announcement: Spell Check
Blackboard now offers spell check for all text fields!
Managing Classes in Blackboard
Uploading and Viewing Turnitin Assignments in Blackboard
In order to submit a Turnitin assignment via Blackboard:
- Log in to Blackboard and click on the relevant course.
- Check the content areas, such as Assignments and Course Documents, to locate the assigment. These areas can be entered through the menu buttons on the left side of the course homepage.
- Once the assignment has been located, click on the "View/Complete" link.
- Click on the "Submit" button, then upload and submit your document.
Instructions for printing Turnitin assignments:
Short On-Demand Training Videos for Students
More Videos for Using Wikis in Blackboard
More Videos for Using Discussion Boards in Blackboard
"Weebly" Student Tutorials and Resources
A few classes on campus will use Weebly to create webpages. We are including their tutorials for you on this page.