Posters (See Tabs Poster1-Poster28)
Click to return to 2013 Symposium page
1. Contact with and Attitudes Towards Individuals with Physical Disabilities Among Undergraduates, Armendariz, Victoria WINNER
2. Analysis of the changes in acquisition of resistance to bacteriostatic and bactericidal drugs by Escherichia coli, Besil Rodriguez, Gloria
3. DNA barcoding for Ligustrum japonicum, Bhatt, Asha
3A. The role of dpy-11 within C. elegans in maintaining organ morphogenesis and observable reversion in dpy-11 mutants, Bhatt, Asha; Foster, Andrea
4. History- A revelation, Burns, Julia Honorable Mention.
5. DNA Barcoding, Cantu, Eddie
6. Human immunodeficiency virus and its Impact in the Latin American Community (El Virus de la Inmunodeficiencia Humana y sus efectos en la comunidad latina), Cantu, Eddie; Bostic, Nickalus; Maradiago, David; Perez, Rosemary Honorable Mention.
7. Huckleberry Finn: Racist Propaganda or American Classic?, Clarke, Allison
8. The Perception of Lawyers, Diaz, Jovani WINNER
9. Analyzing the Molecular-level Roles and Effects of Small Molecule Inclusions in Crystallization Experiments Involving Lysozyme and DmxA, Holmes, JB
10. Analysis of Chloride and TDS Levels along the Buffalo Bayou, Jacob, Marian; Eapen, Jeffery
11. To Spear the Sphere, Martz, Monica
12. DNA Barcoding, Mathew, Ebby
13. Analysis of unc-22 mutant phenotype in Caenorhabditis elegans, Odey, Ochuko; Villanueva, Grace
14. Analysis of Buffalo Bayou Waterway, Odey, Ochuko; Tadros, Meena; To, Alyce
15. The Relationship between Social Networking and “real life” Interaction, O’Neill, Robert
16. Growth and Characterization of PEDOT:PSS and Carbon Nanotube Composite Structures for Excitonic Solar Cells, Owens, Constance WINNER
17. Measuring Nitrate Levels Along Buffalo Bayou, Patail, Nimrah
18. Measuring Lysozyme Solubility as a Function of pH, Portillo, Carmen
19. Pollution along Buffalo Bayou, Quach, Jessica; Robinson, Corey; Maradiago, David
20. Muscle dystrophy in Caenorhabditis elegans, Roy, Sarath; Brandow, Christopher
21. The effects of Silencing ERM-1 gene in Caenorhabditis elegans, Sabharwal, Kiran
22. Oil-Degrading Microbes: Bioremediation of Cooking Oils, Sabharwal, Kiran; Nguyen, Trinh; Salinas, Rure
23. Applying the Method of DNA Barcoding to Identify Ilex x attenuata, Troung, Julia
24. Using Microbial Communities with Cellulolytic Activity to Create Biofuels, Truong, Lindy; Cerda, Vanessa; Jimenez, Steven
25. Use of DNA Sequencing for the Identification of Epipremnum aureum, Contreras, Loren
26. Developing an oligobody for highly sensitive detection of FPN1 on O-2A progenitor cells, Contreras, Loren
27. Determining the binding domain of the Z-DNA binding protein for the negative regulatory element of the ADAM-12 gene, Chang, Jordan Honorable Mention.
28. Regulation of tissue transglutaminase in Celiac Disease, Ng, Zui Keat
Oral Presentations List (See Tabs Oral1-Oral11)
1. Hemingway's fiction as literary journalism, Deggs, Michael WINNER
2. The Tension of Love and Honor, Balkum, Lesleigh Honorable Mention.
3. Development of a General Chemistry Lab Experiment, Jara, Rosario
4. The Individual vs. Society in Mrs. Dalloway and The Hours, Carlisle, Megan
5. Synthesis, Structure, and Electrochemical Characterization of Ru2(2,4,6-(CH3)3ap)3(O2CCH3)Cl (ap = 2-anilinopyridinate anion); A Mixed-Ligand Diruthenium(III,II) Complex with an Unusual Arrangement of the Bridging Ligands, Ramirez, Kevin Honorable Mention.
6. Societal Influences on the Characters of Edith Wharton’s The Age of Innocence, Najera, Leonel
7. Quantum Gravitational Effects and the Generalized Uncertainty Principle, Meyers, Vincent; Owens, Constance
8. Illegitimate Authority and Cycles of Revolution in Huckleberry Finn, Povloski, Kimberly Honorable Mention.
9. PCR Detection of Naegleria fowleri in Texas Lakes, Ghosn, Jean WINNER
10. Determination of Ethanol in Solutions by Gas Chromatography, Ramirez, Kevin
11. An Investigation of Porphyrin Macrocycles With and Without Coordinated Organic Substituents in Aqueous Media by UV-Visible and Emission Spectroscopy, Portillo, Carmen; Ramirez, Kevin Honorable Mention.