Get a glimpse of the future! The Library will be changing its research capabilities in Fall 2022 and we are giving you the chance to get ahead of the game by seeing it, then taking it for a test drive! So what's happening?
- The Classic Catalog is getting a facelift! The user interface looks much cleaner. Distinguishing and using E-books should be much easier.
- We are adding 40+ million vetted Open Access (free) articles beyond our subscription databases! These can be searched through the new catalog search.
- OneSearch will be retired. This spring, we will be testing the new interface, which also is tied to the same catalog search page.
- Finally, we are introducing a new course option for professors to add resources to Blackboard reading lists! A lot is happening! Stay tuned!
There are still some other things happening. First, we are determining the name of the new service. In the meantime, the company product names are floating around so you may need a short dictionary of terms to what is what.
- Enterprise - updated book and HBU E-book subscription catalog.
- CloudSource OA - open access articles. You can search and review items only in the HBU collection or click the CloudSource tab to see only open access articles. These are searched via Enterprise.
- BLUEcloud Course Lists - Course reading list for professors to use with their classes. For interested professors, please contact Dean Riley for a tutorial, walk-through, and set up.
DISCLAIMER: These these resources are still under some measure of development, so you can still expect to see some modifications between now and the fall; however, they are functional right now.