This comprehensive news collection is ideal for exploring issues and events at the local, regional, national and international level. This does include daily updates of the Houston Chronicle since 1985 in IMAGE format (image of the actual printed page)!
Its diverse source types include print and online-only newspapers, blogs, newswires, journals, broadcast transcripts and videos. Use it to explore a specific event or to compare a wide variety of viewpoints on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people.
This innovative full-text newspaper resource allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields. Gale OneFile: News provides access to more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, as well as leading titles from around the world. It also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts and transcripts. Exclusive features, including Topic Finder, InterLink, and a mobile-optimized interface, support and enhance the search experience.
* Integrated G Suite for Education—Gmail, Classroom, Drive, Docs, and more—allow users to easily save, share, and download articles, which helps educators improve student engagement, encourage collaboration, and foster critical thinking, from anywhere and on any device
* With Microsoft collaboration tools enabled, users can store, sync, and share files by downloading Gale content to OneDrive in the cloud and easily transfer content for use in other Microsoft tools like OneNote and Classroom
* The Related Resources feature recommends additional content of interest, providing a more dynamic, relevant presentation of related content
* The InterLink feature provides a better cross-search experience by building a web of connections across Gale resources via unique subject indexing and results-ranking algorithms, helping researchers find the content they need, when they need it, without having to know the specific resource in which to find it.
* Topic Finder, a visual search tool that allows users to discover new facets of their topics by connecting their search results in multiple ways
* The Search Assist feature provides suggested search terms as you type
* Mobile-responsive design ensures students can access the resources on the devices they use most
* The interface and article translation of over 20 languages, along with Readspeaker technology (text-to-speech) allows text to be read aloud to users
* Superior search indexing, gives users the ability to search by publication date, document type, publication title, publication subject; to documents with full text, to peer-reviewed publications, to documents with images; and by Lexile reading level or Lexile score
* Automatically generate both APA and MLA citations in their most recent format and easily export citations into EasyBib, EndNote, ProCite, Reference Manager, and RefWorks
* Print, download, share, and email without restrictions
* Search across multiple resources with PowerSearch, providing single access to periodical and reference content - with InfoTrac periodicals and GVRL eBooks and In Context products
* Connect to HCU's Gale content and resources on your mobile device with handy access and seamless authentication through Gale's Access My Library® (AML) app
Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC News), founded in 2015, is an independent online media outlet. MBFC News is dedicated to educating the public on media bias and deceptive news practices.
MBFC News also provides occasional fact checks, original articles on media bias and breaking/important news stories, especially as it relates to USA politics.
MBFC News was founded by Dave Van Zandt in 2015. Dave studied Communications in college and over the years has focused on personal research in media bias and the role of media in politics. Dave is a registered Non-Affiliated voter who values evidence based reporting.
Nexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources, federal, and state cases including state laws. including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790. Also includes full text news, business, education, medical and reference information.
NOTE:If you have not yet set up your New York Times account, please visit our NYT LibGuide for setup instructions. You must have a current account for access. This is the full-blown and complete The New York Times and even includes their cooking and puzzle sections! It does have mobile apps for use.
NOTE: If you have not yet set up your Wall Street Journal account, please visit our Wall Street Journal Access LibGuide for setup instructions. You must have a current account for access. This is the full-blown and complete Wall Street Journal. For best use, access the newspaper from a desktop computer -- but it does have mobile apps for use.
This group of databases is general and covers many different academic disciplines. If you are still not finding something useful, give these a try. It includes Gale Academic One and ProQuest Research Library.
These library resources below are used quite regularly by our students and may be useful as you work with the databases.
Need an overview of a topic or more specific details? Credo Reference consists of over 300 reference titles consisting of an aggregate of 3.1 million entries. It is a great place to find biographical information or other general information about concepts and theories. Use the Length filters to get brief or lengthy descriptions (can often include 3-7 page articles and many are appropriate for master's and doctoral levels).